Monday, February 10, 2014

Copy Cats.

So I've been cross-Stitching recently, I've made some hilarious things, unicorns mainly. I love them, they have vulgar or suggestive sayings on them, and they have been overwhelming popular.

I had been approached by a person who wanted to do a trade. That's not a bad thing, gets your name out there, people see what you do, might like it.

The bad things about trades inside the same ring of crafts? Copy Cats.

These are the people who take something they like, and make it "their own" but obviously have no original ideas in their empty shell of a skull.

People make their living on these crafts, jewelry Makers especially, this article was an eye opener. This isn't OK

I think people need to realize it's one thing to quote a song or pay homage to a TV show, but it's something entirely different when you take color schemes, and design "hints" from an original artist, that's not mass produced. I am an independent artist of sorts. I have yet to sell my Cross-Stitch, because I have been busy with an art auction entry, custom order/ trade piece, ( I received a beautifully roasted batch of ground coffee beams from Alabama.)

I just think that you need to try these Beans, Bubba's Beans

You also need to look into Project Sloopy, Project Sloopy is an amazing organization that grew from a very tragic even. You'll fall in love with this couple once you see their passion.  Extra Passion!

My donation for the Project Sloopy Art Auction.

So, Go create and be original!

MandaLu

1 comment: